Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

"Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children."
-President George W. Bush 

It's really hard for me to believe that it's been 9 years since that dreadful day. I remember, so vividly, the principal coming over the PA system during homeroom and announcing that there had been a plane crash. I remember going to choir and seeing my choir director's distress, because her husband was on a business trip, just a few blocks away from the white house. I remember sitting in my seventh grade science class, watching what we could on cnn.com.I remember going home on the bus, and just sitting in awe watching the TV, hoping for an answer, a reason, an explanation. 

It's important that we don't forget. 

Mom and I went to New York City in 2007, I took a few pictures of Ground Zero and the Visitor Center. It was all so much smaller than I expected.
Inside the Visitor's Center.
It's all so heartbreaking.
Ground Zero

The Skyline

No comments: