Thursday, August 18, 2011

Al Forno Ferruzza

While we were at The Bite of Oregon, I ate a piece of pizza and tried to take a picture of the guy tossing the dough in the air, remember?

Well, this pizza was the BEST pizza I've ever had in my life. So on Thursday night, before our Friday morning flight, we decided to get pizza from that place for dinner. 

We went in with our coupon from The Bite of Oregon and met the owner's father who served us. He told us that he is from Sicily and he immigrated to the USA and then got married and had children. His son decided that he wanted to open a pizza shop (because he is a FABULOUS chef!) and so he is helping his son out in the shop. They have an amazing thing going for them! I would go back to Portland just for another pizza from this place!!

Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera in to pick up the pizza, so these are phone pictures!
Ferruzza's Oven (the Ferruzza family owns the pizza shop)
The owner's father, who we talked to the whole time is the man in this mural.
The person who painted this mural is the guy who made our pizza.
Margarita Pizza, with Pepperoni on Half

No comments: